Privacy and Cookies Notice
We agree to ensure that personal data sought is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose. We aim to ensure that the personal data we keep is accurate and up-to-date. To achieve this we do need individuals to tell us changes to their personal data.
We agree to keep personal data secure at all times
- We agree to keep personal data no longer than is necessary and to dispose of it appropriately when it is no longer required
- We take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data
- We will only pass your personal data onto another organisation if we need to for the purposes of providing our products and services, or are required to by law or regulation. Before transferring any such data, we will check that the organisation has appropriate data protection policies.
- We do not transfer personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
When someone visits www.catalyst-finance.com we may collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various sections of the site, or in particular the different companies (as referred to above) within Catalyst. We may make use of Google Analytics to collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use remarketing codes (DoubleClick) to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future. You may opt out of the use of these cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings- https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/anonymous?sig=ACi0TCgi5bKcvCqbdjeMHP2TLodZa8-YIkEKj_8j7zDm_4Re0uGCSbs9SzpvPLo9NsuSRoXW8V7b5oSELbfceSSBEKvwsFtOczu4EEXL3zb2-XTBubrABvE&hl=en
Cookies – what are they?
A “cookie" is a small text file that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your information and who we share it with
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
In certain circumstances, which we will advise you of specifically in advance, we may share your information with, and obtain information from, credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies either to check your identity or when assessing finance facilities.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We do NOT sell or give your details to any other companies except to help prevent fraud or if required to do so by law.
We do NOT share information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access your personal data. To make a request for details of the personal details we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Compliance Officer at the address provided below. We are permitted to charge a fee of £10 for this service. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting us at the address above.
Links to other websites
This Privacy and Cookies Notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our Privacy and Cookies Notice under regular review. This notice was last updated on the 29th July 2016.